Every October, thousands of employee-owned companies across the US celebrate Employee Ownership Month. In addition, October 1 is our ESOP’s anniversary with TVF becoming 100% employee owned on October 1, 2010.
This October, our employee owners at TVF, Firstar and Empowered Ventures celebrated EO Month for the first time as a multi-company organization. It was a lot of fun and exciting to see our vision of a diversified ESOP holding company taking shape!
The fun activities and celebrations included:
- October 1 breakfast gatherings
- A friendly food pantry donation competition between Firstar and TVF, with the winner receiving the inaugural EV Cup
- Virtual happy hours
- National Color Day – wear your company colors
- Favorite company event moments pics
- A chili cookoff
- A contest to name an internal newsletter
Finally, we are grateful and proud to be part of communities that support employee ownership. EV, TVF and Firstar are headquartered in cities that issued proclamations in support of EO month, which our teams suggested. See the proclamations here:
Huge thanks to all our team members and employee owners for making this October a special and fun Employee Ownership Month!