TVF’s Lori Atone, Learning & Development Director, recently presented at the 2021 NCEO Fall ESOP Forum in a joint session with Tim Jamison from Prairie Capital. Lori and Tim shared insights on maintaining communications and culture during difficult times, a topic that ESOP and non-ESOP companies alike can relate to during this unprecedented and challenging period.
Lori focused her portion of the presentation on how TVF, Empowered Ventures’ flagship operating company, leaned into the challenges of going virtual and grew closer during the last year and a half. To do so, TVF’s communication and culture committee, dubbed the Ownership & Engagement Board, focused on using Creativity, Collaboration, Celebration and Connection to increase employee engagement.
Some examples Lori shared:
- Rock n Roll themed share price reveal video.
- Virtual games including TVF themed Jeopardy, Bingo and Family Feud
- Book club discussion groups
- #dontbreakthechain appreciation shout-outs on National Employee Appreciation Day
- Virtual talent show
- Individual “About Me” presentations to get to know each other more deeply
The talk was very well received. We at Empowered Ventures are extremely proud of Lori and the entire TVF team for living TVF’s values, working hard to maintain strong connections, and enhancing the company’s culture during challenging times and beyond.